An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.
The addon domain will appear as a totally separate domain from your primary domain. There should be no evidence that your domain is an addon domain to incoming traffic when they visit your addon domain.
Note: You may not be able to create an Addon Domain if you do not own the domain name, or if your DNS hasn't propagated yet.
Special Note for Resellers: You will not be able to create an Addon Domains in your cPanels unless you allow more than 0 (zero) in your packages.
With Addon Domains you can host multiple different domains with different website content, all under the same disk space and bandwidth of one cPanel.
To create a second domain name with its own website, please do the following:
Login to your cPanel and click Addon Domains, under Domains. There are three fields cPanel asks for when creating an Addon Domain.
- New Domain Name: Enter the new domainname.com, without http or www in the name.
- Username/directory/subdomain Name: This will be the folder cPanel creates in your public_html folder. Normally, you want to ensure the name you provide doesn't already exist as a folder in public_html, but cPanel will automatically suggest the name and we recommend you stick with the suggestion.
- Password: Fill in any password you want here. This password is used for an FTP account which is automatically created by cPanel. You likely will not ever need this password, so we suggest picking a random password and forgetting about it.
Your new domain is now successfully added. You can upload the website files to the specific addon folder which was created in the public_html folder.
How to remove an Addon Domain.
If you have an Addon Domain set up and would like delete it, please do the following:
- Login to your cPanel and click Addon Domains.
- At the bottom, under Actions, click Remove.