There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Go to Preferences -> Password & Security
- In the box beneath "Old Password", provide your old password.
- In the box beneath "New Password", provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In the box beneath "New Password (again)", provide the password once again for verification.
- Click the "Change your password now" button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.