Typically, Domain Name Contacts are of the following types:
- Registrant Contact
- Administrative Contact
- Technical Contact
- Billing Contact
In the system, Contacts are independent of a domain name. All contact information that you have used for registering any domain name, is maintained separately in a Contact database. This allows you to re-use the contact information for any other domain name registration without having to fill in all the values again. Think of this as linking Contacts from your Contact database to the domain names you register. Whenever you change any contact information in any Contact, it will automatically change that information in every domain name which uses that contact information and reflect the same immediately in the Whois lookup results of your domain name.
To Modify Contact Details for a Domain Name:
- Log in to the Webservices Portal
- Go to Domains -> My Domains
- Click "Manage Domain"
- Go to Management Tools -> Contact Information
- Click on the relevant contact details tab you wish to modify (Registrant, Technical, etc) and click "Manage Domain Contacts"
- Select the domain contact from the list of available contacts and click "Modify Contact"
- Enter the required contact details and click "Save Changes"